Instead of focusing on this frigid Indiana weather, I’m pondering pie. After all it’s Pi Day.
I’m thinking a pie that’s easy, fast and not fussy. Minimal ingredients. Something that remind me spring is around the corner and summer (hot, humid days) will be here soon. A no-bake pie fits the bill, like my Lemonade No Bake Cream Pie.
This light and fluffy pie is the absolute best remedy to create fast, easy and flavorful summertime desserts without even turning on the oven. Today though, it’ll get me in the mood for spring.
*Using light cream cheese, 1% milk and light whipped topping means a few less calories and fat grams but all the rich flavor.
*Zest the whole lemon before you cut it in half to get the fresh lemon juice.
*Using a couple teaspoons of powdered sugar-free lemonade mix adds tart lemon flavor without having to thin out the creamy mixture with too much lemon juice.
*Be creative…I imagine this recipe would work with lime, orange and even raspberry-lemonade flavors!
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar-free lemonade drink mix
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 container (8 oz.) light non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 ready-to-use (6 oz.) graham cracker pie crust
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Beat cream cheese and lemonade powder in large bowl with mixer until thoroughly blended. Slowly add milk, lemon juice and lemon zest, beating until combined. Lightly stir in non-dairy whipped topping. Pour into graham crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.