You can make this salad in less than 15 minutes. Nutrient-rich canned and frozen vegetables are combined with fresh chopped red onion and tossed with a simple rice wine/oil vinaigrette.
Big batch means it’ll feed growing kids, teens plus Mom and Dad for several days. At home, work or in packed lunches.
Easy way to eat more vegetables! It’s filled with all the right nutrients to keep everyone healthy: protein, fiber and dozens of immune-boosting vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
Asian Sweet and Sour Bean Salad
Kid- and family-friendly salad for lunches. Easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Author: Kim Galeaz RDN CD
Serves: 15 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) Cut Green Beans, drained
- 1 bag (16 oz.) Kroger Private Selection frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kroger dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kroger garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ - 1 cup chopped red onion
- ¾ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable, corn or canola oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon Chinese (or Dijon) mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place edamame in separate glass bowl and microwave 2 minutes. In a large bowl, combine canned green beans, edamame, kidney beans, garbanzo beans and red onion, tossing lightly. Whisk rice vinegar, oil, sugar, Chinese mustard, salt and pepper in a separate small bowl until thoroughly blended. Pour dressing over bean-onion mixture and stir lightly to coat all ingredients. Can be enjoyed immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in tightly covered container. Makes about 11 ½ cups (about 15 servings of ¾ cup each).