Pizza or cheeseburgers for dinner tonight? Make them both!
Cheeseburger pizza is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Just grab the skillet and brown the ground beef, unwrap the ready-to-use pizza crust, open the bag of shredded cheese, chop the onion and you’re minutes away from a kid-friendly, family-friendly meal that makes everyone happy.
Of course as a registered dietitian nutritionist, I’m thrilled this easy pizza contains 4 of the 5 nutrient-rich food groups: grains (crust), vegetables (onions & tomatoes), dairy (cheese) and protein (ground beef).
Fruit is the only group missing, so serve Cheeseburger Pizza with my fast and easy side salad with mandarin oranges. Chopped romaine and/or mixed salad greens, sliced red onion, canned mandarin oranges and Kalamata olives…all drizzled with your favorite Italian vinaigrette.
Dinner. Done. In a flash. Filled with all the right nutrients to keep everyone healthy, from toddlers and teens, mom and dad to grandparents.
- 1 (12 oz.) Kroger ready-to-use original pizza crust (from a 24 oz. package)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 8 – 12 oz. Kroger Private Selection 90% lean Ground Beef
- ⅔ cup finely chopped red or white onion
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Kroger catsup*
- ¼ cup Kroger yellow mustard*
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise (Kim loves Hellmann’s)*
- 2 cups Kroger Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Fresh chopped tomatoes or canned petite diced tomatoes (drained and patted dry)
- Dill pickle slices
- (Optional) 1½ to ¾ cup French’s Dill Pickle Crunchy Toppers, divided
- Heat oven to 450⁰F. Brush pizza crust with melted butter. Cook ground beef with onions until thoroughly done and 160 degrees. Stir in salt and pepper. Drain any grease.
- Mix catsup, mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Spread over pizza crust evenly. Sprinkle beef-onion mixture over pizza evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and ½ cup dill crunchers pieces. Top with desired amount of dill pickle slices, chopped tomatoes and remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake until 7 to 9 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut into wedges.
- *Use more or less of one item based on personal preference, but you’ll need ¾ cup total volume “sauce.”