Cucumber Melon & Mint Sangria
Author: Kim Galeaz RDN CD
Serves: 8 servings
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 heaping cup honeydew melon balls
- 1 heaping cup cantaloupe melon balls
- 1 heaping cup watermelon balls
- 1 small lime, thinly sliced
- 1-1 ¼ cups seedless English cucumber slices, very thinly sliced
- ⅓-½ cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 1 bottle Traminette wine
- 1 ½ cups club soda
- Mint leaves, basil leaves, cucumber slices, lime slices for optional garnish
- In a large pitcher, bowl or container, stir lime juice and sugar until sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add all melon balls, lime and cucumber slices, mint and basil, and lightly stir. Add wine and club soda and lightly stir. Cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Garnish individual glasses of sangria when serving.